Is thigh pain one of the signs of pregnancy? Since many women feel unexplained pain in the thighs, and they want to know the significance of this pain, this article will present the answer to the aforementioned question with the answer to question of what is the cause of thigh pain in women in addition to Also show how to get rid of groin pain for pregnant women.
Is thigh pain a sign of pregnancy
Yes, the thigh pain is a sign of pregnancy, according to medical statistics, more than 35% of women suffer from thigh pain during pregnancy, especially in the last third of it. from the mother’s body.
Reasons for feeling thigh pain during pregnancy
Many pregnant women worry very much about thigh pain, and they are unable to believe that this is very normal during pregnancy, so in this part of the article we will present the reasons for feeling thigh pain during pregnancy and explain that they are all very natural causes:
Increased release of relaxin
The hormone relaxin, which is responsible for softening the cervix during pregnancy, causes the muscles in the pelvic area to relax and also makes the thigh bones more fragile, which in turn causes women to feel pain in the thigh area.
Sometimes, as a result of the increased weight of the fetus, the pelvis presses on the hips; Which leads to inflammation of the sciatic nerve, or the so-called sciatica disease, and it is worth noting that sciatica often causes women to feel pain in the thighs.
Round ligament stretch
At the beginning of pregnancy, the muscles of the pelvis and thighs begin to stretch to accommodate the fetus, and among those muscles that expand is a muscle called the round ligament, and this muscle is usually clenched on itself, but if a woman makes a sudden movement, this muscle expands once, causing temporary pain for the woman.
women’s weight gain
After the second month of pregnancy, the woman’s weight rises a lot, causing the pelvic area to put pressure on the thighs area strongly, which causes pressure on the nerves, muscles, and bones of the hips, and leads to a feeling of pain in the thighs area, and it is worth noting that the pain increases as the pregnancy is in the stage of pregnancy. more advanced.
Some women may develop temporary osteoporosis as a result of the fetus withdrawing a large amount of calcium from their bones while not receiving good nutrition, so a woman during pregnancy must be keen to have a healthy and balanced diet to avoid osteoporosis during pregnancy.
Early signs of pregnancy
There are many early signs of pregnancy that can indicate it before it becomes even visible in a urine pregnancy analysis, and in this part of the article we will present those signs that indicate pregnancy in the first months:
Breast changes as a sign of pregnancy mean:
- Breast swelling and swelling.
- Women feel some heaviness in their breasts.
- The protrusion of the nipples to the outside and their erection.
- The color of the nipples has changed, becoming closer to a darker color.
See also: Conditions for immigration to Australia
Gastrointestinal disturbances as a sign of pregnancy are:
- Women feel nauseous in the morning.
- Woman vomiting in the morning.
- A woman’s sudden craving for some types of food.
- Women’s aversion to eating for no reason.
- Abdominal gas.
- Women suffering from indigestion.
See also: Conditions for immigration to England
Sleep disturbances as a sign of pregnancy are:
- The inability of women to wake up for long periods.
- A woman always feels like she wants to sleep, even if she has just woken up.
- Inability to sleep deeply.
- A woman wakes up for no reason every few periods of her sleep, causing her severe dizziness and headache.
A woman’s mood swings as a sign of pregnancy mean the following:
- The woman oscillates between feeling the urge to cry and feeling unjustified happiness.
- The inability of the woman to bear any nervous pressure and her anger toward the people around her for trivial reasons.
See also: Study in Canada for free
Disturbance in the desire to establish a marital relationship
The disturbance of a woman’s desire to establish a marital relationship with her husband, as a sign of pregnancy, means the following:
- Increased desire to establish a marital relationship for no reason at times.
- A woman’s sudden and unreasonable aversion to the relationship with her husband, and usually accompanies her aversion to everything related to him, for example, his smell.
Excretory disorders in women as a sign of pregnancy are intended to:
- A woman feels the urge to urinate all the time.
- Constipation of a woman.
See also: Types of home insurance in America
Feeling pain in different parts of the body
Pain in different parts of the body, as a sign of early pregnancy, means the following:
- Feeling of pain in the thighs.
- Women having a headache.
- A woman has a slight rise in temperature, usually not more than one degree Celsius.
- Abdominal pain is similar to menstrual pain.
See also: Study in the USA from a distance
Is thigh pain a sign of the cycle
Pain in the thighs is one of the most important signs of the menstrual cycle, and this is because the pelvic area at the time of the period is very turbulent, and a lot of contractions occur, which in turn affects the muscles and nerves of the thighs and causes pain in the thighs area.
What is the cause of thigh pain in women?
There are many reasons that cause women to suffer from pain in the thighs, and these reasons are as follows:
- Menstruation approaching.
- Infection with sciatica.
- Excessive weight gain in women.
- Spinal compression.
- Spinal tightness.
- Inflammation of the muscles or tendons of the thighs.
- Strong trauma to the thighs.
- Incidence of the myofascial syndrome.
- A small blood clot forms in the thighs.
See also: Conditions for traveling to Canada
How to get rid of thigh pain for pregnant women
Many pregnant women are looking for ways through which they can get rid of the problem of mother thighs, so in this part of the article we will present some methods through which women can get rid of the problem of mother thighs during pregnancy:
Heat treatment for thigh pain
This method can be applied through the following instructions:
- The woman has to heat a liter of water.
- She should dip a clean large piece of cotton in the water.
- She should make compresses for the thigh area for at least half an hour daily.
Lie on one side
It is known that sleeping on the back causes a woman to bear all her weight on the spine and hips, so a woman can lie on one side during sleep, as this will help her get rid of some hip pain.
Lifting the thighs on a medical pillow
Raising the thighs on a medical pillow will improve blood flow to them and break any muscle tangles in them. This method can be applied by following the following instructions:
- The woman should sleep on her back.
- Then she has to put a medical pillow under her knees.
Avoid any hard work
Abstaining from any hard work means the following:
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Get the most comfort.
- Stay away from tedious house chores that require a great deal of stress to complete.
Do a light massage for the thighs area
You can do a light massage for the thighs area in the following way:
- The thighs are massaged with any oil that helps to relax.
- The palms of the hand or the tips of the fingers are moved circularly on the thighs.
- Massage should be done for at least a quarter of an hour daily.
Exercises that are used to relieve thigh pain during pregnancy
The exercises that are used to relieve thigh pain during pregnancy are as follows:
- Yoga exercise: The correct way to practice this exercise can be seen.
- Hamstring exercises: The correct way to practice these exercises can be seen
- Hip muscle exercises: The correct way to practice these exercises can be seen.
- Piriformis muscle extension exercise: The correct way to do this exercise can be seen.
- Stretching exercises: The correct way to practice these exercises can be seen.
See also: Study in England for free
Tips to help get rid of thigh pain during pregnancy
In this part of the article, we will present some tips that help get rid of thigh pain during pregnancy:
- Women should absolutely stay away from any shoes that have high heels, or any shoes that are generally uncomfortable.
- Women should make sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
- A woman should eat a lot of foods that contain calcium and minerals, in order to compensate for the minerals that her body loses as a result of feeding the fetus in her womb on the reserves of minerals and calcium in her body.
When should I go to the doctor when I feel thigh pain during pregnancy
You should immediately go to the doctor if you feel thigh pain during pregnancy in the following cases:
- If the woman completely loses the ability to walk normally.
- If the feeling of pain in the thighs is accompanied by a high fever in the woman.
- In the event that the pain was unbearable, and the woman could not get rid of it by using the painkillers that the doctor had prescribed for her.
In this article, we have presented the answer to the question “Is thigh pain a sign of pregnancy?”, so that every woman who wants to know whether or not thigh pain is related to pregnancy can clearly identify the information she wants to know.